by Janet Bond Brill, PhD, RD, LDN
Take control of your cholesterol with this 10-point plan from nutrition and fitness expert Dr. Janet Brill—without using drugs.
If you are one of the nearly 100 million Americans struggling with high cholesterol, then Dr. Janet Brill offers you a revolutionary new plan for taking control of your health—without the risks of statin drugs. With Dr. Brill’s breakthrough Cholesterol Down Plan, you simply add nine “miracle foods” to your regular diet and thirty minutes of walking to your daily routine. That’s all. This straightforward and easy-to-follow program can lower your LDL (“bad”) cholesterol by as much as 47 percent in just four weeks.
Cholesterol Down explains Dr. Brill’s ten-point plan as well as the science behind it. You’ll learn how each miracle food affects LDL cholesterol and how the foods work together for maximum effect, as well as:
• How eating whole grains helps reduce LDL cholesterol in your bloodstream
• Why antioxidants keep plaque from building up in your arteries
• How certain steps change the structure of LDL cholesterol particles (and why it’s best for them to be large and fluffy)
• Why walking just thirty minutes a day lowers “bad” cholesterol and cuts dangerous belly fat
With everything you need to stay focused on the plan, including a daily checklist, a six-month chart for racking LDL cholesterol changes, tools for assessing your risk level for cardiovascular disease, sample weekly menus, and even heart-healthy recipes, Cholesterol Down is the safe and effective alternative or complement to statin drugs.
Low Cholesterol Diet
by Martha McDowell
Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine E-Book
by Parveen Kumar, Michael L Clark
The ninth edition of this best-selling textbook of clinical medicine builds even further on its formidable, prize-winning formula of excellence, comprehensiveness and accessibility.
‘This book is stunning in its breadth and ease-of-use. It still remains the “gold standard”, thorough guide to clinical medicine its forefathers were.’ BMA Medical Book Awards judges.
New to this edition:
- 2 new chapters: Global Health and Women’s Health.
- 25 new authors.
- New online editor, Adam Feather, with a team of young doctors to augment the e-book which accompanies the print book with clinical tips, key learning points, drug tips, learning challenges, case studies and MCQs.
- Full text redesign to incorporate:
New system overview diagrams for clinical chapters.
New coloured headings to help identify content relating to disease, management, investigations etc.
New icons to aid text navigation.
11 new members and a new co-editor, Senaka Rajapakse, of the International Advisory Board.
Edited by Kumar and Clark, clinicians and educators of world-renowned expertise.
Authors comprise consultants at the top of their fields, paired with younger doctors closer to the exam experience, to ensure authority and relevance.
Enhanced e-book accompanies the print book, for ease of transportation and use on the move.
International Advisory Board, led by Professor Janaka de Silva and Professor Senaka Rajapakse, providing guidance for global coverage from across the world.
Contributions to the e-book by members of the International Advisory Board to amplify areas of clinical importance in their parts of the world
by Dennis Tolan
The DASH Diet Action Plan
by Marla Heller
Cholesterol Control Without Diet!
by William B. Parsons (Jr.)
Mayo Clinic Diabetes Diet
by Mayo Clinic
Perhaps you’ve had diabetes for years. Maybe your doctor only recently told you that you have diabetes. Or you’ve learned that you’re at risk of diabetes due to factors such as family history or being overweight.
In any of these cases, you’re concerned about your future. Take a deep breath and relax. Yes, diabetes is a serious diagnosis, but it’s a disease you can control.
Mayo Clinic has been studying diabetes, and successfully treating people with diabetes, for decades. Now we’re putting our top recommendation—the single most effective step you can take to improve your condition—directly into your hands.
The Mayo Clinic Diabetes Diet is a weight-loss program designed to help you safely lose weight to improve and control your blood sugar. Many Mayo doctors and dietitians have lent their expertise toward helping you in the pages of this book.
You’ll learn how to take advantage of these life-changing benefits, as thousands of Mayo Clinic patients are already doing…
• Lose weight and improve your blood sugar in just days with a two-week quick-start plan.
• Continue losing weight and keep it off with guidance from Mayo Clinic doctors and dietitians, plus the healthy cooking advice of the food and recipe experts at Good Books.
• Learn the one trait that most people who lose over 30 pounds and keep it off for five years have in common.
• Take advantage of page after page of meal planners, recipes, tips on overcoming challenges and much more.
If your idea of having diabetes means going on a “restrictive diet,” you’ll especially like the positive approach of this book. While it’s true that having diabetes requires changes in your life, this book is all about adding good things to your life, not saddling you with restrictions and limitations.
Download your copy today and put this good news to work in your life right away!