The Secrets to Staying Slim:
1. Research confirms that the biggest predictor of successful weight loss and maintained weight loss is — drum roll, please — exercise! Find some way to include physical activity into your busy schedule.
2. Practice your mantra every day: high fiber, low fat. When you have a choice, make it a high-fiber, low-fat choice. Choose whole grains, low-fat dairy, lean protein and skinless poultry.
3. There are no bad or good foods. But, there are high-calorie and low-calorie foods. If you want to eat something that’s high in calories, then make it a small serving and don’t do it every day!
4. On the days that you want to indulge in high-calorie foods, choose low-calorie foods for your other meals! For suggestions, look at secret No. 2.
5. Eat smaller, more frequent meals. Studies show that people who skip meals wind up eating more at the next meal and aren’t as healthy. Eat healthy, get active and be the best you can be!