Dr. Tooshi’s High Fiber Diet
by Alan M. Tooshi
With Dr. Tooshi’s Diet you will lose weight quickly and safely. More importantly, Dr. Tooshi has helped thousands of people to lose weight successfully and he has included his personal techniques and instructions so that you, too, may benefit from his 20 years of practical experience in the field of weight loss. Also included in his book are a basic course in public health nutrition, a comprehensive exercise program and his personal collection of weight loss recipes. Dr. Tooshi’s weight loss program is truly the first comprehensive approach to losing weight and keeping it off for many years to come.
The 20/30 Fat & Fiber Diet Plan
by Gabe Mirkin, Barry Fox
Discover the healthy way to eat right and lose weight!
Stop worrying about what to leave off your plate and add the all-important ingredient for any super-effective diet: fiber. Doctors and nutritionists agree that a low-fat, high-fiber diet will help you shed weight, prevent disease, and improve overall health quickly and easily. Building on these principles of healthy eating, this safe, proven, and easy-to-manage program fits any lifestyle and includes:
- More than 100 delicious high-fiber, low-fat recipes
- content listings for more than 5,000 favorite foods
- a handy plastic counter wheel to help you track your daily fat and fiber intake and figure out what you can eat freely and what you should cut back on or avoid.
The 20/30 Fat & Fiber Diet Plan will dramatically improve how you look and, more importantly, how you feel–and get you started on a lifetime of healthy living.
Dietary Fiber and Health
by Susan Cho, Nelson Almeida
Adequate fiber in the diet is essential for maintaining gastrointestinal and cardiovascular health and for weight management and glycemic control. But a majority of people in developed countries fall short of their recommended daily intake. Designed for product developers, nutritionists, dietitians, and regulatory agencies, Dietary Fiber and Health discusses critical findings from the Ninth Vahouny Fiber Symposium about the significance of dietary fiber and ways to get more fiber in our diet.
Steeped in research and the latest data from international experts, the book explores a range of topics related to this essential nutrient, including:
- The relationship between fiber and weight management, gastrointestinal health, heart disease, cancer, and glucose metabolism
- Prebiotic effects of fiber and the characteristics and modulation of healthy flora
- The health benefits of novel fibers such as inulin
- The characteristics of maltodextrin, Fibersol-2, and low viscous fiber on satiety, glycemia, microbiota, and other properties
- The impact of the new definition of dietary fiber published by the Codex Alimentarius Commission
- The properties and immunological impact of Galactooligosaccharide and research on its effect on colitis
- Resistant starch and associated compounds
- Oat, rye, barley, and other fibers
- Regulatory issues, including GRAS notice procedure
It is imperative that food product developers formulate foods with fiber and that health professionals recommend foods high in fiber to improve public health. The contributors to this volume provide a survey of not only the impact of fiber on human health, but also the myriad opportunities for fiber ingredients to be incorporated into foods for the benefit of consumers.
The F-Factor Diet
by Tanya Zuckerbrot
To help her busy clients ditch the fad diets,Tanya Zuckerbrot spent more than a decade designing a healthful, delicious, sustainable diet that sheds pounds, boosts energy, lowers cholesterol, and reduces the risk of heart disease and diabetes. The F-Factor Diet presents a fresh take on eating high-fiber carbs, and reveals the secrets to satisfying meals and lasting weight loss, including:
– A simple three-stage program
– A wide array of food choices
– More than 75 delicious recipes-from appetizers through desserts-and a complete set of guidelines for those who don’t want to cook
– Journal pages and helpful hints to keep dieters on track
The Miracle Carb Diet
by Tanya Zuckerbrot
Celebrated nutritionist Tanya Zuckerbrot knows that when it comes to losing weight, addition is better than subtraction. Her secret? Add the Miracle Carb to your diet so you don’t need to subtract delicious, satisfying foods.
The Miracle Carb is dietary fiber, and chances are you don’t get the recommended daily requirement, even if you’re eating a healthy diet. Tanya introduced the world to fiber with the F-Factor Diet, and thousands of people have lost countless pounds, improved chronic conditions like diabetes, and gained more energy and vigor for living. And they did it all without sacrificing their lifestyles or the foods and drinks they love.
With The Miracle Carb Diet, Tanya is making it easy for you to jump right into living life the F-Factor way. This not just an eating plan; it is a simple and effective action plan for achieving your best self without disrupting your best life. Tanya’s here to help you lose weight fast, and then keep it off!
– The four easy stages of the Miracle Carb Diet-you could lose up to 12 pounds in the first month!
– Suggested fiber-rich foods and menu plans ideal for each stage, plus recommendations for eating out and enjoying cocktails from day one.
– More than 100 original recipes and shopping lists and templates for journaling for better results.
– Tanya’s inspiring anecdotes, case studies, and tool kits for defense against specific food cravings and obstacles, plus super sidebars, tips, tricks, and more to help motivate and inform.
The Miracle Carb Diet is a life-changing plan that’s enjoyable, flexible, and doable, based on Zuckerbrot’s extensive clinical experience as well as her in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge food and nutrition science. So go ahead and raise a glass to the Miracle Carb Diet (yes, you can enjoy that wine guilt-free) and celebrate the miracle of fiber that lets you eat more, weigh less, and even add years to your life.