The Fast Metabolism Diet
by Haylie Pomroy
Hailed as “the metabolism whisperer,” Haylie reminds us that food is not the enemy, it’s the rehab needed to rev-up your sluggish, broken-down metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning furnace.
On this plan you’re going to eat a lot. You’re going to eat three full meals and at least two snacks a day – and you’re still going to lose weight. What you’re not going to do is count a single calorie or fat gram. You’re going not to ban entire food groups. You’re not going to go carb-free or vegan or go cold turkey on the foods you love. Instead, you’re going to rotate what you’re eating throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan carefully designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire.
Phase I (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
Phase II (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
Phase III (Friday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils
By keeping your metabolism guessing in this specific and deliberate way, you’ll get it working faster. This isn’t just a theory, it’s the results-based product of Haylie Pomroy’s successful programs. It’s worked for celebrities, for athletes, and for people with chronic illnesses who need to lose weight, doctor’s orders. Now it’s going to work for you.
In 4 weeks not only will you see the weight fall off, you’ll also see your cholesterol drop, your blood sugar stabilize, your energy increase, your sleep improve, and your stress dramatically reduce. All thanks to the miraculous power of real, delicious, satisfying food!
Complete with 4 weeks of meal plans and over 50 recipes – including vegetarian, organic, and gluten-free options – this is the silver bullet for the chronic dieter who has tried every fad diet and failed, the first time dieter attempting to kick her metabolism into gear, and anyone who wants to naturally and safely eat her way to a skinner, healthier self.
The Original Diet
by Roy Mankovitz
The Forgotten Four Flavours Diet
by Elias Kefalidis
Do you know why you are fat? Do you know why you can’t lose weight? Do you know who is to blame for you being in a deadlock and continuously occupied with diets and health foods? The person who is to blame is in your house, and you can’t do anything to her – it’s your mother. Because of her ignorance or because of following the fashion of the time, she has accustomed you to eating ‘flavours’ that are ‘killing’ you. These are found in foods that act like drugs, and with each passing day, they are shortening instead of lengthening your life.
• The ancient Greek diet that creates a beautiful body and longevity
• The forgotten superfoods
• Do not ‘kill’ your children with sweet and salty foods. Heal yourself with bitter and sour flavoured foods
• How I lost those kilos and gained health in return
• Eat like a Greek – eat bitter and sour foods
• Three examples of longevity and slimming
• What to leave out, what to replace, and what to add
• Create a diet plan that suits you
Jesus and Mary’s Plant-based Diet Impacting Climate Change
by James C. Tibbetts
Internationalization, Design and Global Development
by P.L.Patrick Rau
The Traveler’s Diet
by Peter Greenberg
No matter how healthy or balanced your diet, the minute you start traveling, all bets are off. And Peter Greenberg should know. After two decades as a television correspondent (logging an average of 400,000 air miles a year), this frequent flier finally stepped on the scale and then vowed to lose seventy pounds. Now, after sharing insider secrets on hotels, airlines, and cruise ships, he tells you the secret of diet, exercise, sleep, and losing weight while on the road. Each component of the travel process is examined; the results will surprise you and help you to learn:
• What new time zones do–and don’t do–to your metabolism
• Which airports have the best/worst food.
• What to eat before flying
• The real truth about how much water to drink–and what kind
• How to work out in flight, without turbulence
• The “healthy choice” hotel menus that lie
• When to sleep and when to stay awake–some real surprises.
• How to turn your hotel room into an instant gym
• How to stay in ship-shape while actually at sea.
• Eat well without overdoing it–even in France and Italy
• How to create healthy structure with an unstructured schedule
Together with medical, fitness, nutrition experts, and aeromedicine and exercise physiology consultants, Peter Greenberg provides a practical plan that works for road warriors and leisure travelers alike. Whether you’re jetting off to Mumbai or Memphis, this entertaining guide ensures that you arrive at your destination in style and in shape.